Apple Valley Vision is invested in providing all of our patients healthy vision. As Dry Eye experts we offer specialized focus through our Dry Eye clinic, Dry Eye Solutions at Apple Valley Vision.
We understand your aggravation with the limitations of traditional treatments and are dedicated to bringing you the very best technology available to treat this uncomfortable disease, so that you can enjoy the best possible relief.
If you’ve experienced this painful condition, or think you may have it, we can identify the cause of your symptoms and apply treatment appropriate to your particular needs that may make your daily discomfort a distant memory. We also offer the new LipiFlow® thermal pulsation treatment, as well as TempSure Envi Radiofrequency if you experience evaporative Dry Eye you can now get these treatments in our office. These offer sustained relief from dry eye symptoms.
How do we determine if you are experiencing Dry Eye? We will perform a series of evaluations and identify the likely cause of your Dry Eye symptoms. First, you will complete a Dry Eye lifestyle questionnaire this brief assessment allows us to understand how your eyes feel on a daily basis. If the questionnaire suggests symptoms beyond mild, we will proceed with LipiView®. This technology allows Dr. Rowley or Dr. Blake to evaluate the lipid (oil) layer on your eye. Here’s how it works: LipiView® takes extremely detailed images of your eye’s tear film.
The treatment is non-invasive, is performed in our office, and takes under five minutes to complete. The tear film can be clearly viewed as an array of colors that are reflected when a light source is directed towards the front surface of the eye and readings are instantly calculated and displayed on the LipiView® monitor. Usually, Dr. Rowley or Dr. Blake will perform a Meibomian gland evaluation. LipiView® is an imaging device that is intended for use by a physician on patients to capture pictures of the tear film. The following problems may affect the assessment of a patient’s tear film using the LipiView®:
- Use of ophthalmic drops such as artificial tear lubricants, ointments, and medications. Patients should not use oil-based ophthalmic drops (e.g., Soothe®, Restasis®) for at least 12 hours before LipiView® assessment. Patients should not use ointments for at least 24 hours prior to LipiView® use. Patients should wait at least 4 hours after the instillation of all other ophthalmic drops prior to LipiView® use.
- Soft or rigid contact lens wear. Patients should remove contact lenses at least 4 hours prior to device use. Use of oil-based facial cosmetics around the eye.
- Eye rubbing. Recent swimming in a chlorinated pool. Patients should not swim for at least 12 hours prior to LipiView® use.
- Any ocular surface condition that affects the stability of the tear film. These conditions include disease, dystrophy, trauma, scarring, surgery, or abnormality. Following these evaluations, we will then determine whether or not you have Evaporative Dry Eye or Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and if you are a candidate for LipiFlow®.
LipiFlow®, the groundbreaking treatment, addresses the cause of Evaporative Dry Eye If you’ve been unable to receive long-lasting relief from the over-the-counter or prescription remedies you’ve tried, it may be because they haven’t been targeting the primary cause of your condition– the blockage of your Meibomian glands located in your eyelids. Perhaps you’ve tried things like eye drops and warm compresses, which many find inconvenient and only offer short-term relief. The LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation System, by Johnson and Johnson Vision Care, is a significant technological shift managing evaporative dry eye. With a single procedure, applying a combination of directed heat and pulsation pressure, many find a single treatment effective in relieving the blockage of their Meibomian glands.
The LipiFlow® System is intended for the application of localized heat and pressure therapy in adult patients with evaporative dry eye. Opening the blocked glands may allow your body to resume its natural production of tear film oil. No other Dry Eye THERAPIES do what the Thermal Pulsation System can! LipiFlow® treatment is clinically proven with sustained results. In a clinical study about 79 % of patients reported an improvement in overall dry eye symptoms after a single LipiFlow® treatment. Depending on the severity of your specific condition and your response to treatment, you may need to repeat the LipiFlow® treatment periodically as your symptoms return over time. With LipiFlow® and regular checks and ongoing care to monitor your progress– let us help you experience Dry Eye relief like never before.
Why is LipiFlow® superior to other Dry Eye therapies?
If you’re a moderate or severe Evaporative Dry Eye sufferer, life can seem like a constant battle to alleviate symptoms. Those drops and warm compresses become a regular ritual. You’ve tried blinking exercises and lid scrubs. And you avoid wearing contact lenses and extended sessions in front of the computer. If this sounds familiar, you may need LipiFlow®. It’s the breakthrough treatment for Evaporative Dry Eye.
- The first and only treatment that addresses the cause of Evaporative Dry Eye at the source, allowing your eyelid glands to produce the oils required for a healthy tear film. Other treatments such as warm compresses and drops just give you temporary symptomatic relief.
- The only treatment that can give you sustained relief through improved gland function. Other treatments require daily, and sometimes even hourly, attention to keep your Evaporative Dry Eye under control.
Goodbye Evaporative Dry Eye. Get started today! If you’re ready to kick Evaporative Dry Eye, all it takes is a phone call to get started. Make an evaluation appointment with Dry Eye Solutions at Apple Valley Vision and determine if you’re a candidate for LipiFlow®.