Apple Valley Vision & COVID-19
We are monitoring the situation very closely to stay up-to-date on protocols and advisories. We are also taking many additional precautions to ensure our office is clean and sanitary. We will respect anyone’s wishes who needs to postpone their appointments until the outbreak has been reduced.
We are still accepting patients at this time but we have greatly reduced our schedule (Doctors alternating days) to help aid in physical distancing. We are sanitizing patient contact areas before and after each patient encounter. Pens, door handles, surfaces, etc. are all being sanitized frequently.
Steps Prior to Exam when entering office.
- Prepare ahead of time by Filling out patient paperwork ahead of time to minimize contact with surfaces and pens.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately upon entering our office. We have plenty of soap and hand sanitizer placed conveniently around our office. We also ask that all patients who come in wash their hands before being seen and follow CDC guidelines to protect those most vulnerable.
- We are asking patients to check in via phone or text at (801) 465-0355.
Ways to minimize contact with surfaces and help with physical distancing.
We have reduced the number of chairs in our waiting room to allow for physical distancing. If you would like to check-in, then wait in your car, we will gladly come get you or notify you when we are ready.
- (Optional): Take pictures of your insurance cards (front and back) of the card. Text or email them to us at (801) 465-0355 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We would also ask that family and friends who are not being seen by the doctors stay home or in the car, if possible. We will gladly allow one parent in the exam room with children. If this is absolutely not possible, we will do our best to spread people out in the waiting area.
If you are sick:
If you do develop emergency warning signs for COVID19 to get medical attention immediately.
- If experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, do not come to the office. Please call to postpone your appointment.
- If you have symptoms or have come into contact with an individual who has COVID-19 please contact your primary care physician via phone as a first step.
Emergency warning signs include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest.
- New confusion or inability to arouse.
- Bluish lips or face.
Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds upon checking into our office and before being seen by the doctors.
Contact Lens Wear Practices During COVID-19