Apple Valley Vision & COVID-19
Our schedule is running as normal. We simply ask that you maintain social distancing practices and encourage the use of masks.
Governor Herbert has mandated the use of masks in the entire state of Utah for the next two weeks. We respect all exception qualifications to this mandate.
Steps Prior to Exam when entering office.
- Prepare ahead of time by Filling out patient paperwork ahead of time to minimize contact with surfaces and pens and to speed up the exam process.
- We ask that you follow CDC guidelines regarding coronavirus and wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer available throughout the office. We have plenty of soap and hand sanitizer placed conveniently around our office.
Ways to minimize contact with surfaces and help with physical distancing.
We have reduced the number of chairs in our waiting room to allow for physical distancing.
- (Optional): Take pictures of your insurance cards (front and back) of the card. Text the pictures to us at (801) 465-0355 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We would also ask that family and friends who are not being seen by the doctors stay home or in the car, if possible. We will gladly allow one parent in the exam room with children. If this is absolutely not possible, we will do our best to spread people out in the waiting area.
If you are sick:
- If experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, do not come to the office. Please call to postpone your appointment, contact your Primary Care Physician for further consultation.
- If you have symptoms or have come into contact with an individual who has COVID-19 please contact your primary care physician via phone as a first step.
Should you experience any of the following emergency signs, we kindly ask that you postpone your eye exam and head directly to the Emergency Room or dial 911. Emergency warning signs include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest.
- New confusion or inability to arouse.
- Bluish lips or face.
Contact Lens Wear Practices During COVID-19